Datsun Mini Truckin Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Truckin Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DatsunpartsLLC Strikes again

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EzCruiser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DatsunpartsLLC Strikes again
    Posted: 23 Mar 2014 at 10:48pm
I stumbled across someone that bought a Datsun-parts-LLc built engine that failed:

Ranman72, on 22 Mar 2014 - 03:08 AM, said:

I recommend Rebello 

I wish I could afford a rebello motor. 

And as far as the one I have yes it's a Datsun Parts LLC motor.( But he didn't over heat it I did.) All I can say is a lot of people talk sh*t before they know the whole story..Ray!!!

All I can say is this little motor runs great. After a little tuning of the carbs. It could be better, But you get what you pay for. Now that I have to pull the head off I will drop it off at Slover..

They did all the BRE cars back in the day. 

But I have had issues with Dat parts motors in the past. But he always made it right with me. The one I have in my Z now runs really hard. 

Don't be a hater player!!!! :rofl:

Edited by EzCruiser - 23 Mar 2014 at 10:48pm
smooth620 View Drop Down
HAWK EYE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smooth620 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2014 at 3:44pm
I googled Datsun Parts LLC and found some interesting info. There's lots of horror stories of valvetrain and engine failure but there's also satisfied people without any issues. There's also the question of cost of parts being overpriced or underpriced. Datsun Parts LLC charges way less for a cam kit than what MSA would charge. Some claim their cam kit came with stock valvesprings, others feel they received a stock cam because they know how a performance cam felt thru the RPMs from driving other cars. Some claim Datsun Parts LLC to be re-packaging used parts after cleaning and polishing them. Some have received parts that had dirt/grime or rust painted over.
But on the other hand, some have driven their $2k engine 3k miles without a problem.
Complaints vary from poor customer service (or lack of), receiving wrong parts, etc. Another is warranty work, you would pay the shipping to have it repaired. While he seems reluctant to cover the shipping it's the warranty work he tries to do right and recently it seems he is trying to do better. (BBB involved? Maybe?)

Yes, I have bought a few parts from Datsun Parts LLC. and I also agree, you get what you pay for.

Better to learn from other peoples mistakes than to make them yourself.-Anonymous

JoeCool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeCool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2014 at 9:51pm
$2000 for a remanufactured engine is too much. I can get one through Autozone or Advance for $1300. 
*1980 Datsun 720 pickup*

"If it falls off, it doesn't matter" Tom Magliozzi of Car Talk

Braden620 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Kentuckys Finest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Braden620 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 5:43pm
The BBB is a joke and a scam.   ANY business can get their reports expunged from the BBB for a cash fee. 
If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.
Ronald Reagan
Rusty View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rusty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 11:05pm
Oh man, don't get me started. I just try to steer people away from him if possible. From what he sold me and what I went thru , he's a con man.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic