Datsun Mini Truckin Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > New Guys and Gals Intro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Another new East Tx 620 owner

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GRAVY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another new East Tx 620 owner
    Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 5:06pm
Hey my name's Justin but go by Gravy.

Last Friday night I got me a 79 620 off a post on craiglist for $750.  Drove it home but have had some trouble since.  Body is fair and interior is rough.  Will be working on getting it drivable and will be doing the same drop as the guy from jacksonville which is not far from me.  Will be awhile but I will be bagging truck to lay frame, and reworking interior.  Ive always loved this style of mini truck and and excited to own one and to begin my work on it.  Thanks guys.  And yes that is a 4inch stack coming from the bed...... ummm yeah...  probably wont be on there long. ha ha
EzCruiser View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EzCruiser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 5:40pm
Awesome truck! Looks like the body is pretty good minus the driver's fender. Yeah, you could put the stack under the truck and drag it...

Welcome to the forum, can't wait to see your progress!
Rusty View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rusty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2013 at 1:17am
Welcome, if you've never owned a 620 before, you'll find out  they're a cool little truck. Easy to work on and can't beat that look. Start a build thread and show us your progress.
Braden620 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Kentuckys Finest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Braden620 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2013 at 10:07am

Welcome!!  The stack HAS to go.    Stacks are for 18 wheelers only lol.  What are your plans for her?

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.
Ronald Reagan
GRAVY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GRAVY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2013 at 9:26am
Will get some more pictures up later today.  Besides a drop and some different wheels i am going to focus on restoring the interior.  the dash is cracked up, looks like the work of a stereo thief.  It has bucket seats now but i saw a build thread on here and love the way the hardbody bench seat fits in.  Yes the stack is leaving lol.  I ALWAYS  have great sounding exhaust and it sounds horrible.  the body is not too bad.  dent in drivers fr fender that may can be pulled out but pass side bed side has a dent that is pretty sharp not sure if it can be repaired as easily.  I am a member of Outlandish Trends truck club and had an 03 chevy fullsize bagged out and some simple shaving done.  But im new to customizing and actually working on my vehicles so that is why i now have this truck.  It is my guinea pig.  My chapter president will be working with me on it but I will be putting my hands on it as much as possible for two reasons.  Pride in knowing i helped create my ride. and to learn skills to restore, repair, customize, and fabricate.  sorry for the lengthy answer ha ha  Im just stoked to finally own this lil truck and to get to work.
luckydevil View Drop Down
Junior
Junior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luckydevil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 4:10pm
welcome to the dark side you have a nice start on a good truck.
datkimsun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datkimsun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 9:19pm
Welcome to the site, looking forward to checking your build.

Dark side, you sure your on the right Datsun form ? 
This is the dark side.  http://nwdatsuns.com/

just saying.

http://nwdatsuns.com/
luckydevil View Drop Down
Junior
Junior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luckydevil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 5:37pm
wow didn't even know that existed I meant in terms of working on your own stuff vs buying it or paying for it to be built.
Rusty View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rusty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by luckydevil luckydevil wrote:

The dark side?? Whats so dark about our forum lucky?

Edited by Rusty - 11 Sep 2013 at 11:39pm
Braden620 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Kentuckys Finest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Braden620 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 11:05am
Originally posted by Rusty Rusty wrote:

Originally posted by luckydevil luckydevil wrote:

The dark side?? Whats so dark about our forum lucky?

LOL  I think he means that owning a datsun is a disease that will consume your mind, just like the dark side.   

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.
Ronald Reagan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic